You're so Tweet!!!!

Hey guys,
Writing after a long long time!! and it sure feels good to be doing some crafting again :) As you all know by now that I have changed my blog's name to "For the love of paper" coz thats what I love so much, hoarding it and not using my fav pps, embellishments etc. etc. My home has been under renovation since January and all my fav stuff has been packed since, cardstock, pps, stamps, inks et al. So I couldn't do any crafting even if Iwanted to. Besides this, I also think my mojo was missing somewhere hence stayed away from crafting for this long a time.
In the last post I also mentioned that my bro's marriage was scheduled and that I was to make all the wedding invites. And I did made all the wedding invites myself, yayyyyyy!!!!! actually me and my little sissie did it. The marriage was awesome except for a few hiccups! We enjoyed a lot and danced a lot too !! And now that almost everything is over (I said almost coz my home is still under renovation, dah! ) I'm back with a card. Here goes the cutie (I find it totally cute!!)
I made this for the BGC#12 Challenge Ombre, please check it out here. I have been wanting to do a card with a birdie for a long time now. I was so so inspired by ET's card. Totally loved the birdies on her card. I think I love the way this card turned out, and would be making some more Ombre themed cards with some other interesting palettes. Coming back to the card all elements on it are hand-cut, the birdies, tree branch, and grass landscape. I used 4 shades green for landscape using the distress inks in peeled paint & forest moss and dew drops in pearl tart dye ink and key lime chalk ink. I'm so totally in love with both these brands. I then embossed it with silver. For the sky I used Pearlescent Sky Blue. The clouds were cut by hand and then stuck with the post-its on the paper to make the skyline. The birdies are also hand drawn and cut. I used memento markers to color them, stuck up a little rhinestone on their wing to pep them. Don't they look cute!
For the base I have used the kraft cardstock which is from a local stationary store and then watercolor paper by Fabriano in creamy white. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making it.

Comments

  1. so simple and eyecathcing card, love it!
    thanks for playing with us on BGC
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the birdies and the ombre of green shades for the grass :)
    thanks for playing @ Beyond Grey challenges !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cute. I love the cute birdies.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. First Blog Award. Hope you enjoy this idea cames to me today
    http://quilling-joy.blogspot.ro/2013/01/first-blog-award-astazi-primit-un.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks you so much for your inspiring words !!

Popular Posts